[COFF] Other OSes?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jul 7 01:57:40 AEST 2018

On 07/05/2018 06:52 PM, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Granted, somewhere starting around 10 files I'll probably end up breaking
> out some emacs-lisp for forther automation, but for a small number of
> files, using file-name completionm and then using a handful of control
> characters per file to kick off the keyboard macros a few hundred times
> (C-u C-u C-u C-u C-u C-x C-e) ends up being faster to type than consing
> up a one-off shell or editor script.  (Because, basically, an emacs
> keyboard macro really*is*  an editor script!)

I've not needed to do something like this very often.  The few times
that I've needed to do it have usually involved (shell) scripts, likely
calling sed and / or awk, possibly with their associated files.  (Much
like it looks like was done for mk_cmds.)

I would also consider using Vim's bufdo command across multiple buffers
(""open files).  Depending on the complexity, I'd likely define a macro
(if not an all out Vimscript), and execute said macro / Vimscript via
:buffdo.

I had assumed that emacs had similar functionality.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die