[COFF] Other OSes?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Jul 9 10:13:09 AEST 2018

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 10:00:46 +1000 Greg 'groggy' Lehey
<grog at lemis.com> wrote:
> On Sunday,  8 July 2018 at 16:27:54 -0700, Bakul Shah wrote:
> > I believe autocompletion has been available for 20+ years.
>
> Yes, I started using bash in 1990, and it had autocompletion then.
> A colleague was using it even earlier, and pointed out to me
> autocompletion and Emacs-style editing as one of the great
> advantages.

Yes, I know. But it only autocompletes file names, not program flags
and arguments etc., unless you write special bash scripts for every
single program examining what its arguments are. The point of what I
wrote is that there is now a good idea about how programs can convey
their arguments to the shell, thus allowing a general fix to the
issue.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com