[COFF] roff vs. Tex (was: Looking for final C compiler by Dennis Ritchie)

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Tue Jul 24 14:01:46 AEST 2018

Back in 1998 or 1999 I was program chair for Linux expo.  Which was
no big deal, it meant I formatted the papers and got the page numbers
right for the proceeedings.  I nudged people towards troff and one
guy went there.  He said "this was so much easier than tex, it is
faster, easier, why don't more people use this?"   What he said.

--
---