[COFF] [TUHS] man-page style

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Nov 18 15:33:04 AEST 2018

On 11/17/2018 01:09 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> Sure. (Note that I'm not on COFF, so if anyone replies, please make sure
> I'm CC'd directly.)

Thank you for the reply Noel.  I found this to be an interesting read.
I occasionally bump into some Multicians and am always pleasantly
surprised at how different their world is.

> The 386-Pentium actually had support for many segments, but I gather
> they are in the process of deleting it in the latest machines because
> nobody's using it. Which is a pity, because when done correctly (which
> it was - Intel hired Paul Karger to architect it) it's just what you
> need for a truly secure system (which Multics also had) - but that's
> another long message.

If you're ever feeling bored and would like to share that story.  ():-)

Thank you again for typing the message and sending it to a mailing list
that you're not subscribed to.  If we're ever in a pub together, I owe
you a round.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die