[COFF] Eternal September

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sat Sep 1 08:27:27 AEST 2018

On Sat, Sep 01, 2018 at 08:24:26AM +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> 'Twas back in 1993 when AOL joined USENET (I don't have an exact date) and
> the joint waa never the same since...

I remember being in a canoe with my dad telling him about Usenet.  I said
something like "It's super cool, Dad, it's all smart people.  They have
things divided up sort of like fields in a University.  So I can ask a
question specific to some field and by the next day I've got an answer
from a grad student or someone great in that field.  It's awesome, I
wish more people were on it."

Got my wish.  Wish I hadn't wished that.  I'm sorry, folks, it's all
my fault, such is my power :)