[COFF] Most Popular Programming Languages 1965 - 2019

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Sun Dec 22 08:22:35 AEST 2019

On Monday, 16 December 2019 at 11:33:32 +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> The author seems to have taken some care to get decent data sources.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og847HVwRSI

Interesting overview, but I have my doubts about its accuracy.  Lisp
seems to have been too popular in the mid-1980s, and at the same time
he claims that Ada was the most popular language.  Both seem highly
unlikely to me.  And then JavaScript got off to a flying start: over
4% in Q2 1995, quite an impressive for a language that was introduced
in Q3 1995.  So without much more proof I'd take it with a pinch of
salt.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.