[COFF] What languges would you like to learn?

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Fri Dec 27 08:13:16 AEST 2019

On 26 Dec 2019 13:37 -0800, from lm at mcvoy.com (Larry McVoy):
> As you said, it takes a lot of discipline to use the right subset
> which makes you wonder why there isn't a language that is the right
> subset.

Probably because of the old adage "80% of the users would be just
peachy with 20% of the features; trouble is, it's never _the same_
20%". Lots of people tend to forget that second half of that.

That, and design by committee, maybe? I guess C++ is what you end up
with when _everyone_ is trying to get _their_ 20% into the same tool.
At least with Ada it seems they had the sense to know when to stop.

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se
 “Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”