[COFF] Disk Technology was [Simh] Which PDP-11 to choose

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 21:47:17 AEST 2019

There were eagles, and then there were super-eagles. Our experience with
eagles was great, and we were eager to try the (larger) super-eagles. We
soaked them for a month or so, then put them into production use.
Whereupon, they started dropping like flies. It turns out the glue they
used to attach the platters to the spindle slowly crept out over time,
eventually coming to grief with a read/write head. This experience was
wide-spread, and seriously damaged Fujitsu's reputation.