[COFF] Disk Technology was [Simh] Which PDP-11 to choose

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 05:58:45 AEST 2019

I don't have authoritative info on the cause, I'm just repeating what I
heard. A highly viscous substance like glue would explain why it took so
long to fail. In any event, it was nasty. Worked perfectly long enough to
build confidence, then failed spectacularly. It was widespread. I entered a
"Sysadmin Horror Story" contest at a USENIX (San Diego?), and won with a
"short story" entry: *Supereagles*. I still have the shark's tooth trophy.