[COFF] In Memoriam: Robert Fano

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 22:09:10 AEST 2019

I used to bump into Professor Fano in the halls. I recall he made an
observation to the effect, "Americans are very generous unless they think
they are being played for a sucker, in which case they become very mean
spirited." I thought (and still think) that was very insightful. It
explains a lot of politics.