[COFF] Stallman resigns under pressure from CSAIL and FSF.

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Wed Sep 18 00:20:28 AEST 2019

The interesting thing is that RMS has been saying stuff kids can agree
to sex with an adult for 15 years or more.  It's in his blog.

I think the reason he is out now is that he defended Epstein and the
Epstein stuff has a decent chance at taking down the administration and
some powerful professors like Minsky.  I can believe there is pressure
on those folks to give back the money and resign for the good of the
institution.  But those people don't want to leave, they want this to
blow over and RMS was bringing more unwanted attention.

If it really was just about his views, his views have been consistent
for a long time and MIT didn't care.  Kinda sleazy that they are booting
him to save their own skins but I have no empathy for RMS, I have kids.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 10:00:26AM -0400, Clem Cole wrote:
> It's interesting what finally got him.   His bad behavior has been around a
> long time.
> ???
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 8:56 AM Dan Cross <crossd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Richard Stallman, known colloquially as 'RMS', has resigned from MIT's
> > Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and the Free
> > Software Foundation, after making comments defending Jeffrey Epstein, the
> > late sexual predator. Those comments sparked wide-spread outrage across the
> > MIT community and beyond.
> >

> > https://stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#16_September_2019_(Resignation)
> > https://www.fsf.org/news/richard-m-stallman-resigns
> >
> >         - Dan C.