[COFF] COBOL.

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Apr 14 08:24:36 AEST 2020

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020, Dan Cross wrote:

> So I imagine that most readers of this list have heard that a number of
> US states are actively looking for COBOL programmers.

I have no plans to move to the US :-)  To this day "ADD A TO B GIVING C
COMPUTATIONAL ROUNDED" still leaves me cold.

And it's been said that one of the reasons for COBOL was that
dumb-as-whatever bosses could see what their programmers were writing...
Their job is to manage, not to spy.  Heck, they measured productivity by
lines of code per day; you want lots of lines?  Sure, I can do that!

-- Dave