[COFF] OT BitKeeper: Creating a remote SSH repo

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Tue Apr 14 20:12:48 AEST 2020

Hello:

Im apologize for the OT but Im desperately looking for the answer to a
question regarding BitKeeper and, since I heard about its vitues and
also about it becoming open source in this list, I thought you guys
wouldn't mind helping me find the answer to my problem.

I've been using Git for some time now, but after hearing here about BK,
Im trying it out to see if I can change to it. At the moment I'm quite
happy with it and I very much like it's smaller than Git.

In Git I use a remote SSH "original" repo instead of a public (HTTP)
service, since I want to have distributed copies (several workstations
and laptops) and a "non interactive" copy on a server of mine. I'm not
sure I am making a lot of sense, since I'm not very expert on Git either
(I just use a few basic functions) and English isn't my first language.

What I actually need/want is to create a remote SSH repo from my local
(working) repo. I haven't found how to do that neither in the
documentation nor the Users Forum. Alas I havent found a mailing list to
subscribe to and ask for help. That's why I'm asking you guys for help.

Again sorry for the OT and thank you so much for reading until here. :)

Cheers,
Ángel