[COFF] [TUHS] A/UX [was Linux is on-topic]

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Sun Aug 16 01:18:52 AEST 2020

moving to COFF ...

Thomas Paulsen <thomas.paulsen at firemail.de> wrote:

> >I'm sure everyone here knows this, but the Cray 1 (I think, the one
> that had what looked like a circular bench seat around the bottom) was
> designed like that because the clock was at the center and the clock
> signal went to all the boards and was right because all the clock lines
> to the boards were the same length.<
>
> you mean that? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Cray-1-deutsches-museum.jpg

I found the Cray 1M site planning reference manual very interesting -
here's a summary with links to the actual documents

http://www.howtospotapsychopath.com/2012/06/15/they-called-it-big-iron-for-a-reason/

Tony.
Ardnamurchan Point to Cape Wrath: North or northeast 3 to 5, becoming variable
2 at times. Slight or moderate, becoming smooth or slight between Barra and
Canna. Fog patches. Moderate or good, occasionally very poor.