[COFF] How much Fortran?

Wesley Parish wobblygong at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 11:25:25 AEST 2020

My thoughts exactly. I was once lucky enough to visit the NASA's
Tidbinbilla Tracking Station in the ACT just a few miles out of
Canberra c. 1976 or 77, and they had some sizeable minicomputers in
their computer room. (How many I don't know.) I imagine they would've
been used to record the transmissions on tape and do some preliminary
processing, before sending the tapes to NASA HQ in the States for
storage and further analysis.

I think what NASA did with their early probes would've made Real
Programmers (TM) sit up and gasp. :)

Does anyone on this list know anyone who worked at a tracking station
during the 60s and 70s? They might be able to help fill in the
details.

Wesley Parish