[COFF] Topics...

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Jul 8 14:29:23 AEST 2020

On 7/7/20 4:53 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> They would then need to see what new topics come up from time to time...

I would think that Warren and Co. would need to send out an email when
they added new topics.

> I believe they are on Mailman, but I have little experience with running
> it.

Yep.

Mailman does have an option to "Receive all messages that don't match
any topic." or some wording like that.  So I think that if people set
that, then they would only miss out on messages that touched on a topic
that they opted to not receive.

> On one list I use, a predecessor of it used to require a subject tag in
> the form [Blah] (taken from a set of known tags); I've always hated
> that, but I'm still in the habit of putting my own tag there as a hint.

Yes, that's Mailman's default.  However, it's relatively easy to have
Prcomail (et al.) process the message before it goes into Mailman and
scan the message body for keywords and add them to a user defined header
that Mailman looks at.  Thus, people don't need to include the topic in
the subject.

This is the make technology work for me (us) that I believe in so much.  :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die