[COFF] 52-pin D-Sub?

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Sun Mar 1 01:45:05 AEST 2020

On 2/29/2020 8:12 AM, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> On 2020-02-28 18:22, William Pechter wrote:
>
>> I used to be the guy who
>> at the most desperate would get Kermit over a 3 wire interface to allow
>> data transfer between different systems.  Or UUCP on ms-dos...
>>
>> Something about jack of all trades.
> Kermit seems to be or was(?) the Swiss army knife of communications.
> Or the 9-track tape ...
> ;-)

You technically haven't lived until you use an acoustic coupler, a
cassette tape recorder and a wire tap to record 300 baud modem tones as
you type out files on a PDP-10 somewhere...

And then play that tape back to your own computer and that same modem,
and save it to floppy.

It's how I saved LOGO.MAC from somewhere on the ARPANET back in the
early-to-mid 80's.

;)

art k.