[COFF] The most surprising Unix programs

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Sun Mar 22 07:10:51 AEST 2020

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo via COFF wrote:
> Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> writes:
>
>> Sell?  I downloaded "Free42" for the Mac for free :-)
>
> Free42 works great on lots of platforms, including Android - and it also
> powers the HP-42S clone from these guys: https://www.swissmicros.com/

I have 'go48g' on my android, mostly for nostalgia, I've forgotten how
to use most of the features of it. The 48gx was my first HP calc long
ago, still have it, though it is currently in pieces as I am (slowly)
attempting to perform some repairs on it.

My go-to calculator on my (android) phone is simply called 'RPN
Calculator' and I use 'dc' when logged into *nix.

I made fun of friends that used HP calculators for a long time, until
I started using it.  Once I wrapped my head around RPN, it just felt
"better."  But, like text editors, keyboard layouts, etc... to each
his/her own, use what you know and can get work done with.

--
Michael Parson
Pflugerville, TX