[COFF] DEC terminal line driver chips?

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Thu Apr 29 17:02:01 AEST 2021

I've got a number of DEC terminals, ranging from the VT220 to the VT520
(sadly, I got rid of my VT100 and VT102 many years ago, before I started
collecting DEC equipment instead of just using it), and some of them
have one or more burned out serial ports.  Before I start taking them
apart to find out what chips were used, I figured I'd check if any of
you folks happen to know.  I'd like to order a stash of replacements,
and it would be nice to have them handy before I clear the work bench to
start dismantling terminals...

Oh, and for the record: the Q-bus PDP-11/23 uses 9636ACP and 9637ACP for
output and input, respectively, while the VAX-11/630 substitutes a
9639ATC optocoupler for the 9637ACP differential receiver.  (I have a
couple of spare CPU boards with damaged ports, as well, so these are all
on my shopping list already.)

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay