[COFF] DEC terminal line driver chips?

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Fri Apr 30 22:12:37 AEST 2021

Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> writes:

> [...] Motorola MC1488/1489 driver pairs [...]

Thanks!  That's useful info.  I'll add a small pile of each to my
shopping list.

> [...] they might have used MAX232 [...]

Ah, yes, I remember those.  Checking Mouser now, I see that there's an
awful lot of variants of them, though.  I think maybe I should open up
my VT520 (the newest terminal I have), and check what it's using.  It's
down from four to one working serial interface, and it's such a nice
terminal, I'd really like to have it fully operational.

> If you are using so-called 3-wire cables, [...]

I usually call those RS-237.  :)

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay