[COFF] What is your prompt?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Dec 26 04:28:05 AEST 2021

On 12/25/21 10:39 AM, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
> I might be the only living one who has the expansion of $? in $PS1.

It's not $PS1, but I do have $? in my Zsh $RPROMPT.

I used to have $? in $PS1 before switching to $RPROMPT.

> (And who's "~/.shrc" gives a _somewhat_ portable PS1 with
> last-component-of HOSTNAME and PWD.)

I'd like to know more.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but portability across
platforms (OSs / architectures) is much less of an issue for me than it
was in my last job.  Now I mostly worry about Linux and FreeBSD.
Admittedly, some really old versions.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die