[COFF] What is your prompt?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Dec 28 05:07:08 AEST 2021

On 12/27/21 11:55 AM, Warner Losh wrote:
> I've taken to doing that via symlinks to the host name (so foo.host
> with multiple ones symlinked to the master if it comes to that). That
> way I could keep my local changes in version control... One to many
> client machines crashing and losing stuff in my past...

I too use <something>.<hostname> where something is aliases, bashrc,
zshrc, etc.

I will also frequently have <something>.<hostname> source
<something>.<arbitrary group>.  That way I can have $WORK specific
things in <something>.<$WORK> and personal things in <something>.home,
and accounts on friends systems source <something>.<friend's name>.
Thus I have things common to <arbitrary group> in one file.  It means
that machine specific <something>.<hostname> ends up being quite
minimal.  I could probably get away with (sym)links if I don't need
/anything/ host specific.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die