[COFF] [TUHS] 386BSD released

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 05:33:21 AEST 2021

Ted observed:

I always thought the implementation of /bin/true, which was a shell
script where the license statement proclaiming AT&T's copyright was
longer than the "exit 0" line, was both incredibly funny, and
incredibly sad.

It's been a long time since I looked at the AT&T source, but I recall that
the version number was pushing 2 digits. It's hard to get it "wrong" on the
first try
(although I could possibly do it). More likely, the version numbers
reflected
changes to the licensing wording. -- jpl