[COFF] The Z3

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed May 12 08:06:07 AEST 2021

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 07:00:32AM +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> A bit of history: on this day in 1941, Konrad Zuse presented the Z3,
> the world's first working programmable, fully automatic computer, in
> Berlin.
>
> Pity it got destroyed when the joint was bombed...

A pity or not a pity at all... It was a remarkable achievement of
engineering but I am happy it did not get appreciation in the eyes of
contemporary German authorities. In such case it would inevitably be
used to prolong WW2 to detriment of everybody involved.

Technology is deeply involved in life and its contorted ways.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola