[COFF] [TUHS] Book Recommendation [ reallly inscrutable languages ]

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 08:31:06 AEST 2021

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 3:24 PM Rob Pike <robpike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perl certainly had its detractors, but for a few years there it was the
> lingua franca of system administration.

It's still what I reach for first when I need to write a state machine that
processes a file made up of lines with some--or some set of--structures.
The integration of regexps is far, far, far superior to what Python can do,
and I adore the while(<>) construct.  Maintaining other people's Perl
usually sucks, but it's a very easy way to solve your own little problems.

Adam