[COFF] Vaxen, my children, just don't belong some places

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Oct 19 15:25:47 AEST 2021

On 10/18/21 10:51 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> [ Warning: you need to be an OF to understand the references ]

I guess I'm enough of an OF to understand and appreciate much of what's
sed.  At least I think so.

> I don't think I've ever posted this here...  And trust me, an IBM 3090
> was really big iron in those days.

I compared someone to Mel earlier today.  They used an unimplemented I/O
instruction as a delay.  It reminded me of putting the next instruction
at the sector that just passed the read / write head, thus causing a
delay waiting for it to come all the way around again.

> I don't recall the author, but I found it on the 'net.

I don't remember the first place I saw VAXen my children... but I know
that I have always appreciated it.  I've even put a copy of it on my
website.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die