[COFF] What does your "cal" show?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Fri Sep 3 09:40:58 AEST 2021

On Friday,  3 September 2021 at  8:10:38 +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> In 1752 we switched to the Gregorian calendar, with the peasants revolting
> (as if they weren't already) because they thought they'd lost 11 days of
> their lives.
>
> What does "cal 9 1752" show on your boxes?

Presumably the same as on yours:

   September 1752
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
       1  2 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

I tried it on Apple and Linux box and got the same result, including
trailing spaces.  In each case the man page indicates a derivation
from FreeBSD.

The real question is when 259 years ago today was.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php