[COFF] What does your "cal" show?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Fri Sep 3 11:10:07 AEST 2021

On Thursday,  2 September 2021 at 18:54:50 -0600, COFF wrote:
> On 9/2/21 6:03 PM, Nemo Nusquam wrote:
>> Well, we have the question every leap year on February 29.
>
> A friend was born on February 29th.  She's both X and X รท 4 years old.
> It's usually worth a chuckle.  I make a point to wish her a happy
> birthday on February 28th three out of four years.  The forth year, I'm
> lazy and delay by a day.  }:-)

I have been married twice.  First wife was born on 28 February on a
leap year, second wife on 1 March 3 years earlier.  We can't agree on
the age difference.

The other reference, of course, is Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Pirates
of Penzance", where Frederic, the hero, was born on 29 February 1860
and apprenticed to a band of pirates until his 21st birthday (a
paradox: 29 February 1940).

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.