[COFF] tvtwm

David Arnold davida at pobox.com
Mon Dec 19 09:45:22 AEST 2022

> On 18 Dec 2022, at 14:41, Grant Taylor via COFF <coff at tuhs.org> wrote:

Hi Grant,

> Have you seen the following versions?  Indexed & searchable content from (some of) the Internet Archive via DiscMaster?
>
> http://discmaster.textfiles.com/search?q=tvtwm
>
> Sorry, I don't know what I'm looking at beyond guessing at one of which that looks like patch 10 or 11.

I hadn’t found that index, which was certainly a great improvement on manually searching a bunch of ISOs!  Unfortunately, it appears that the patches I’m hunting aren’t there either.

I suspect it’s likely that they were not very widely distributed: there are plenty of the X11R5 version (pl7) and then the X11R6 version (pl10), but the intermediate changes have proven elusive.  If anyone is in contact with Chris P. Ross, formerly cross at eng.md.edu, who seems to have been the maintainer during this period, I’d appreciate an intro: I suspect he’s my last hope.

Thanks for the pointer though!