[COFF] [TUHS] "9 skills our grandkids won't have" - Is this a TUHS topic?

Charles H Sauer (he/him) sauer at technologists.com
Fri Jul 1 08:02:20 AEST 2022

On 6/30/2022 9:23 AM, Michael Kjörling wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2022 23:14 +1000, from sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au (steve jenkin):
>> What are the 1970’s & 1980’s Computing / IT skills “our grandkids won’t have”?

> This thread should probably be on COFF, not TUHS.

(pre-Unix) dealing with punched cards and paper tape -- my first contact
with PDP-8 was via paper tape -- I brought my dissertation programs to
IBM in boxes of punch cards.
Changing Selectric type balls -- the first office terminal I had at IBM
Yorktown (in 1975) was a 1050, similar to a 2741, and my first home
terminal (in 1980!) was a 2741.

voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer at technologists.com
fax: +1.512.346.5240         Web: https://technologists.com/sauer/
Facebook/Google/Twitter: CharlesHSauer