[COFF] [TUHS] Re: project athena (was Re: Setting up an X Development Environment for Mac OS)

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Sat Feb 11 04:21:13 AEST 2023

Dan Cross wrote:
> Warner Losh wrote:
>> I wonder if this was the same supdup that the early BSDs used to
>> distribute their source in the 90s ..

If there was any RFC734 supdup in BSD, then I'm guessing that would have
been a different one written by David Bridgham.  The PC/IP one seems to
be targeted specifically at MS-DOS, although cross compiled from BSD.
Maybe Bridgham was involved in that one too, though.  I have asked, and
will report back.

> I believe they are entirely different.  If I recall correctly (and
> it's been a while...) csup, CVSup, et al were based on `sup`

If Warner was referring to those, then you would be right.