[COFF] Conditions, AKA exceptions.

Paul Winalski paul.winalski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 02:46:40 AEST 2023

On 3/12/23, Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Do you ever find things are so messed up that stdio has trouble whereas
> using write(2) with compile-time memory allocations for a buffer would
> have a better chance of reaching the TTY?

I hate it when that happens.  Even worse is when adding the write(2)
with compile-time memory allocations makes the bug go away.  I once
had to spend three days camped out in someone's office debugging a
compiler crash.  The crash only happened 4 hours into a massive
multi-file compilation, and this guy's login session was the only one
where the problem reproduced under the debugger.  Heisenbugs are hell.

-Paul W.