BSD211 Tape building

Danny R. Brown sysyphus at crl.com
Mon Nov 27 15:45:23 AEST 1995

Greetings:
I'm getting there. Now that I have a working(??) drive, more trouble.
The file size/# of records/block sizea aren't matching.

                                     bytes,              512 -byte
Tape file    Docs- #records, size      PC        RT11disk blocks
0 mtboot              1      512       512              1
  boot               14      512      32462            64
1 disklabel    * 23@ 512 or 1024      36191            71
2 mkfs               28     1024      31727            62
3 restor             27     1024      34066            67
4 icheck             26     1024      31356            62

* disklabel was quoted as two different bs in two different places.

I really think that my gunzipping is kosher- I do it in the PC
prior to ethernet-ing it to the PDP with no errors, and in fact
I unzipped one file on my unix host and beamed it down. It was the
same.
Anyway boot is too big or restor is to small, or something. Any ideas
whatis going on here?

Merry Christmas!
*      A Personal Message from   *                BASILISK              *
*          Danny R. Brown        *     "Try our other fine flavors!"    *
*       ( sysyphus at crl.com )     *            (404) 392-1691            *
*        Pager:(404)397-0516     *            LYNC host mode            *