UNIX for my 11/34A

Matthias Bruestle m at mbsks.franken.de
Thu Sep 12 17:24:13 AEST 1996

Mahlzeit

OK. Now I have a RL01 image, which boots at least on the emu with
the original rl1unix kernel.

# mkfs /dev/rl1 9000
# dd if=/usr/mdec/rluboot of=/dev/rl1 count=1
# mount /dev/rl1 /mnt
# df
# rm -rf /usr/dicts /usr/src /usr/games /rkunix /usr/spool/uucppublic/ansi*
# tar cf - .profile bin boot etc lib tmp usr | (cd mnt; tar xf -)
# cp /rl1unix /mnt/unix
# mkdir /mnt/mnt
# mkdir /mnt/dev
# cp /dev/makefile /mnt/dev
# cd /mnt/dev
# make
# make rl
# ln rl0 swap
# cd /usr/sys/conf
# cp rl1conf conf
conf: remove last line (tm)
m.h: uncomment "#define _1134"
makefile: M = smch
copied pk.p, stat.h and tty.h from other V7 source to /usr/sys/h
# make unix
# cp unix /mnt/nunix

The selfmade kernel nunix doesn't boot. Did I something wrong?

Should I adjust also other options in m.h or param.h to get better
performance with 128kByte (not kWord) RAM?

Thanks

endergone Zwiebeltuete

--
insanity inside