System Industries MSCP disk controller problem

David C. Jenner djenner at halcyon.com
Fri Dec 4 07:35:51 AEST 1998

> > The sigma 5.25" 9-slot backplanes have very different backplane
> > wirings (and, indeed, putting a DEC dual-wide Microvax CPU into
> > it will very likely cause damage.)
>
>    Yes, I know. The yellow sticker on the expansion backplane says:
> "CAUTION! Do not install MicroVAX or KDJ11-B series CPUs into this
> backplane."

I have a box with one of these.  I noticed the bussing appeared to
be non-standard, but exactly what is the problem here?

I also have a couple of Netcom HV1148 backplanes that
appear to be non-standard.  Any experience with these?

What can you do with these backplane?  What sort of Q-Bus system
can you use them in?

Thanks,
Dave

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id MAA28393
	for pups-liszt; Fri, 4 Dec 1998 12:45:17 +1100 (EST)