Some nice progress with hardware and Ultrix in the PUPS archive

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Sat Dec 5 17:27:36 AEST 1998

In article by Michael Sokolov:
>    As I was thinking about how else can I get correctly written Ultrix
> tapes, the following idea sneaked into my mind. The PUPS archive already
> contains PDP-11 Ultrix. How about VAX Ultrix? With Warren's permission, I
> would be more than happy to upload my VAX Ultrix tape images (I have them
> sitting as files on my DOS disk). Once that is done, would someone
> volunteer to download them, write them to two TK50 cartridges, and send
> them to me? TIA for any help.

We have to be careful with 3rd party UNIXes. We would have to get approval
from DEC (or whoever they are) to allow us to add their product into the
archive. I did this with V7M and the later Ultrix-11s before DEC got bought
out.

	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id BAA04900
	for pups-liszt; Sun, 6 Dec 1998 01:36:15 +1100 (EST)