VAXen funzies.... (gotta start somewhere).

User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys rdkeys at seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 16 09:06:19 AEST 1998

> > How would the front/back cover open up, so
> > I could do a quick spot check and see what actually was inside?
>
>    There is nothing interesting in the back. The front door opens
> trivially, just push the handle and swing the door open. You'll a 12-slot
> backplane with a cover over each slot. The covers are supposed to have
> labels on them. Reading them from right to left, you should see the CPU
> (KA650-BA), memory (some variant of MS650), Ethernet (DELQA-SA), a disk
> controller (probably KDA50 or KFQSA), and the TK70 controller (TQK70). If
> all these pieces are there, you are all set! Of course if there is more
> stuff there you are even more lucky.

This one does not have a handle that I can find.  There is a sliding
door over the tape drive, and then a plastic key sticks out the front
of the panel kind of like the keylock on a pc.  If that key is the
handle, then, I will open it up tomorrow when I visit surplus again
to pick up a postscript printer, and see what is there.  If that key
is not the handle, then it was not obvious what was on that side of
the box that should be the ``handle'' to open it up.

Bob

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id KAA21280
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:54:57 +1100 (EST)