rt11 and disk images

Erin W. Corliss erin at coffee.corliss.net
Wed Dec 30 06:24:15 AEST 1998

(writer bites his tongue to keep from ranting about paying $100 for an
operating system for a computer that cost $12 at a second-hand store...
8^)

So I went back to the junk store yesterday and found a TK25 tape drive,
which appears to work fine with my PDP-11/73.  It also uses the same
cartriges as my SCSI tape backup drive...  Is there a DOS, Linux, or
windows NT program that I can use to save files to tape so I can load them
on the PDP-11?  When I initialize a tape, is the format standard among
other computers, or is it specific to PDP's running RSTS?

Is there any way to make Unix 7 use RD hard drives?

...and most importantly...

Everything for PDP's seems to be distributed on disk images for drives I
don't have.  I think I saw something somewhere about being able to mount a
.dsk file as a virtual drive under RT11...  Anyone know if this is true?

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id IAA14527
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:09:29 +1100 (EST)