Converting Sixth Edition man pages

Carl Lowenstein cdl at mpl.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 30 09:58:25 AEST 1998

> From owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au Tue Dec 29 15:07 PST 1998
> Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:48:10 +1100 (EST)
> From: Dave Horsfall <dave at fgh.geac.com.au>
> To: Greg Lehey <grog at lemis.com>
> cc: Unix Heritage Society <pups at minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au>
>
> On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > In fact, I'm not sure that just viewing them *would* be easier.  From
> > observation, the markup isn't too different from the -an macros.  A
> > lot of the macros seem to be the same, just in a different case.  But
> > there are enough differences that I wouldn't want to tackle it right
> > now.
>
> Do you have thee 6th Edition documentation to tell you what the macros
> do?  I have them somewhere...
>
> --

A quick check around some computers that I have on-line shows two sets
of v6 man macros, one for nroff and one for troff.  This is on a NeXT
running NeXTstep 3.3.  But I suspect that these same macros are
available on anything with a BSD 4.3 flavor.

/usr/lib/tmac/tmac.an6n
/usr/lib/tmac/tmac.an6t

About 200 lines total between them.

With the right macros, [ntg]roff should be able to do everything else.

    carl

        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                  clowenstein at ucsd.edu

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id LAA15274
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:06:51 +1100 (EST)