Installing PDP-11 UNIX w. no tape - solution

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Sat Jan 31 08:06:42 AEST 1998

In article by Allison J Parent:

> <I get some error messages with restor (``Missing address (header) block''
> <which I believe are to do with the 10,240 byte record requests from resto
> <My code expects 512-byte requests, and I'm doing 20 a time to fulfill th
> <10,240 request, but still problems.
>
> Try slowing down.  You may be overflowing the input buffer.

I found the problem - my dump image was corrupt :-). I now have a clean
v7 dump of /, and there are no complaints from restor.

I've had a few people volunteer to try out the code. I'll clean it up,
finish off the docs, and put it up for ftp in a few days, with an email
on the PUPS mailing list on how to retrieve it.

Cheers,
	Warren