V7 startup

Allison J Parent allisonp at world.std.com
Tue Mar 17 13:05:52 AEST 1998

Well v7 binary runs seemingly well on my 11/73 with the kitchen sink
(the extra and unusable accouterments).  It doesn't use much though!
The Rl02 disk does have about 5mb space.

One thing I'd like to do is have some additional storage other than the
one RL02 drive I have.  I figure that could easily be a RX02 but it's not
obvious how to add that (to V7unix that is).  The RQDX3/RD52 would be
nice but I'll settle for a RX01/2.

The other is the date is 1988... month and day are setable but year?

Is there any way to get it to stay in 8/n/1 (my system(s) default) rather
than 7/e/1.

The last one bugged me some... there is no shutdown!  To kill the system
all I could do was make sure there weren't any excess processes running
do a sync and hit restart.  I assume this is ok as I use the same method
for venix on the pro350, so far I haven't mashed that system.

Allison