Where ISN'T the PUPS Archive (was building sim tapes)

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Mon Mar 23 15:00:45 AEST 1998

In article by Steven M. Schultz:
> > From: "Ed G." <edgee at cyberpass.net>
> >
> > > 	What you need to do is build a 'tape' (using 'makesimtape' if you
> > > 	need to use Bob's emulator) from ALL of the files in Distributions/ucb/
> >
> > I've looked everywhere I can think of on the PUPS site, but couldn't
> > find 'makesimtape'.  I couldn't find it among the source of Bob's
> > emulator.  Where can I get a copy of this program?

> 	It's in /usr/src/sys/pdpstand.  Look in file7.tar.gz from the 2.11 part
> 	of the Distributions and it should be somewhere in there.

Ah, I should point out to the readers of the mailing list:

	The PUPS Archive is NOT what you get by going to

		ftp://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au

	as anonymous. Obviously, the archive has to be password
	protected, and so the anonymous ftp on Minnie isn't the Archive.

I suspect Ed has been walking thru the anonymous area, which is why he
could only find Bob Supnik's emulator.

Anyway, Steven has provided a solution. Steven, could you put in
#ifdefs for particular endian architectures???

Cheers,
	Warren