Bug in Supnik's emulator?

Ed G. edgee at cyberpass.net
Wed Mar 25 13:48:33 AEST 1998

I don't know whether this is a bug in the factor (1) program (which
seems unlikely) or the emulator.  Can someone try factoring numbers on
a real pdp-11 and tell me what happens?

On the emulator when I type in a number, factor prints out the
prime factors, followed by an infinite series of 17s.  So, for
example

factor 6
2
3
17
17

I might add that I had bc running on the emulator calculate pi to
30 places and the results were identical with gnu bc on my linux box,
right down to the last digit.  Very impressive.

Ed