DEQNA (was was Re: 2.9BSD: mbuf.h)

Johnny Billquist bqt at Update.UU.SE
Fri Feb 19 20:22:35 AEST 1999

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Allison J Parent wrote:

> <The replacement ethernet controller was the DELQA, which was a complete
> <redesign and used a 68000 processor.
>
> The DELQA was not 68000. The board was far to small for that and had to be
> Qbus dual width and compatable with DEQNA. I have a few of them in my vaxen
> too.  The Unibus versions DEUNA and the later DELUA were 68k and very good.

Hate to disagree with you, Alison. The the DELQA really is 68000, take a
peek inside yourself. It is a dual-width too...

And the DEUNA is T-11, while the DELUA is 68000.
I have never bothered plugging in any DEUNAs myself, since DELUAs are
pretty common, and they atleast are pretty good. Never had any problems
with any of them.

	Johnny

email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books