OK I got this here VAXen thingie.... what is it?

Carl Lowenstein cdl at mpl.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 7 04:07:15 AEST 1999

> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:07:11 +0100 (MET)
> From: Johnny Billquist <bqt at Update.UU.SE>

> On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys wrote:
>
> > OK, Dummy here stuck his foot in his choppers an' won the bid on that
> > VAXen for the grand total of eleven buckeroos de realme.  What can I
> > run with it?  It was just too much fun to pass up, and it drew too many
> > chuckles from the PC crowd in the surplus warehouse....(:+}}....
>
> I assume you have 10Base2, so get an AUI-cable to extend the connection
> from the DELQA to outside the box, get a 10Base2-transciever, and you're
> set. For other types of carriers, get the proper transciever! :-)

For short runs of AUI cable (a couple of feet) you can cheat by using
crimp-on IDC connectors and flat ribbon cable.  Frequently that is more
available than real AUI cables.

    carl

        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                  clowenstein at ucsd.edu

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id GAA14757
	for pups-liszt; Thu, 7 Jan 1999 06:27:50 +1100 (EST)