4.4BSD

Michael Sokolov mxs46 at k2.scl.cwru.edu
Wed Jan 27 05:44:34 AEST 1999

Thor Lancelot Simon <tls at rek.tjls.com> wrote:

> You do understand that the "some twit" you're talking about is, at least
> by extension, Mike Karels?

Why? He is not trying to tell me that I can't do my job. I have nothing against
him and BSDI, and since he has never voiced any protests against my work, I'm
assuming that he has nothing against it either.

What I was saying that if someone, no matter who, tries to use the government's
oppression mechanism (formally known as intellectual property law) to obstruct
my work, I would defend myself by any means I have, and i would have the full
moral right to call that person or organization a twit. This is the non-profit
software development world we are talking about, and in this world people are
supposed to cooperate, not fight. Using legal quirks to obstruct the work of a
non-profit software developer for ideological reasons would probably be
universally agreed to be unethical.

Michael Sokolov
TUHS 4BSD Coordinator
4.3BSD-* Maintainer
Quasijarus Project Principal Architect & Developer
Phone: 440-449-0299 or 216-217-2579
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: mxs46 at k2.scl.cwru.edu
TUHS WWW page: http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/TUHS/
Quasijarus WWW page: http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/Quasijarus/

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id GAA17008
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 06:31:22 +1100 (EST)