low-end vaxen and unix

Michael Sokolov mxs46 at k2.scl.cwru.edu
Sat Jan 30 05:22:49 AEST 1999

Mirian Crzig Lennox <mirian at xensei.com> wrote:

> How well can the so-called "desktop vaxen" run 4.3 BSD?  I'm thinking
> about systems like the MicroVAX 2000, etc.  I'd like to set up a
> system to run some sort of 4.3 system (maybe Michael Sokolov's
> Quasijarus distribution) and I've noticed the occasional desktop vax
> show up in places like eBay.  Is it possible to avoid the hernia and
> use one of these "2nd floor apartment-friendly" computers?

Subscribe to the Quasijarus mailing list using standard Majordomo commands and
post your question there. I'll answer it.

Michael Sokolov
TUHS 4BSD Coordinator
4.3BSD-* Maintainer
Quasijarus Project Principal Architect & Developer
Phone: 440-449-0299 or 216-217-2579
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: mxs46 at k2.scl.cwru.edu
TUHS WWW page: http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/TUHS/
Quasijarus WWW page: http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/Quasijarus/