vtserver

Warren Toomey wkt at cs.adfa.edu.au
Thu Oct 14 16:34:43 AEST 1999

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 11:19:54PM -0700, Kirk Davis wrote:
> Warren,
> I've been checking out your vtserver program. It's a great idea
> and it's been fun to play with. I'm bringing up a /34 and have been
> collecting parts for it for a few months. I've got it set up  with
> a few RL02's on it. Few questions for you:
>
> Do you know of anyone that has used it on a /34? I've punched in the
> bootstrap and ran it. It loads the boot file from my Linux system.
> It appears to call it but it halts somewhere in the 70000-70040 region.
> Nothing comes up on the console. Looks like the memory is over written
> with the same values over and over again in this area. Any thoughts?
>
> I'm working on getting a source license from SCO. I'd love to hack on
> this with you if you are interested in any help.

Sorry for the delay Kirk. It could be that the V7 bootstrap expects
split I/D, or a different I/O mapping then what's provided on the /34.

I'll punt this to the PUPS mailing list. I have a suspicion that
you won't be able to install V7, but you should be able to install V6
or 2.9BSD instead.

Cheers,
	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id DAA02824
	for pups-liszt; Fri, 15 Oct 1999 03:40:02 +1000 (EST)