vtserver

Matthias Bruestle m at mbsks.franken.de
Fri Oct 15 05:59:50 AEST 1999

Mahlzeit

As Warren Toomey wrote ...
> Sorry for the delay Kirk. It could be that the V7 bootstrap expects
> split I/D, or a different I/O mapping then what's provided on the /34.

I'm 99% sure, that it's V7 which I have running (for lower values
of running, because one drive is dead and the power supply needs
to be replaced) on my 11/34A with 128kB RAM and two RL01. I think
I wanted to install V6, but installed V7 because of the RL01 drivers.
I stripped V7 down, so I only needed one RL01 disk pack (I have only
two.) and transfered the disk image via kermit.

I want to install 2.11BSD on my M70 with 512kB RAM (No, more RAM is
to expensive here. 1MB for over US$500.) and a 120MB ST506-type disk,
but had not much time. I want to avoid the way of the disk image,
because I have no BSD installed for the emulator and don't know,
if the transfere of slices of the disk image would be successfull.
(The RT-11 only handles 32MB "disks".) I think the best way would
be to boot from a 2.11BSD floppy and install it via serial port.
(TU-58 emu? Are there 1.2MB 2.11BSD floppies somewhere?)

Mahlzeit

endergone Zwiebeltuete

--
insanity inside