4.3BSD-Reno install on MicroVAX II

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jun 7 07:56:56 AEST 2000

On  6 Jun, Michael Sokolov wrote:

>> Ahhh! Why is there no note in the distribution directory?
> OK, I'll add one.
A litle note like:
Look at http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/Quasijarus/compress.html to see how
to decompress the files.
in the FORMAT file can save much time if you are a Quasijarus beginner.
Or a Link "HOWTO install Quasijarus" with a note about the compress
issue, creating tapes, ... on the Quasijarus main page will do the job
also.

> Hmm, I thought this was enough info for folks to figure out that
> components/compress.tar is the right tarball...
Again. "Look at Distributions/4bsd/components/compress.tar" can save
time...

> It's in the components directory, as opposed to the tape distribution directory
> for any particular release, because it's a grabbed-out BSD component that can
> be used with any release. The tape distribution directories have exactly what
> goes on the tape in the format it goes there, nothing more, nothing less.
Ahh. I did not know this.

ARGL! Now my TK50 died! Sh..., fu..., [other censored stuff]
What have we learned now? Kids, do not dismount the optical positioner
at the back of a TK50 drive for cleaning! GRMBL.
OK. Tomorrow is a new day, new luck. I will mount the TK50Z in the MVII
and I will give Quasijarus a try. If Quasijarus also fails, the BA23 box
will stay inactive until I get a working, 2.11BSD capable PDP11 CPU.
--

a guts Nächtle,
	         Jochen

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id HAA17429
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:59:15 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)